Sunday, June 27, 2010

COUNTDOWN TO KONSTANZ

So, as of right now, I have 33 days left until I get on a plane and arrive in Konstanz, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous! While everyone else is blogging about their trip and what they're currently doing and all the fun they are having, I haven't even left yet, so you get to read ALL about my pre-study dilemmas, woes and excitements, and hopefully can learn from the the mistakes that I definitely won't be making....yeah you're right I'm sure I'll mess up royally....a few times!

So already a few tips if your planning on studying abroad:
• pick two or three different locations to want to study in, like different country locations. My first choice was Russia, but because of the Moscow bombings it became a non-option because my parents were worried about safety, so I needed to pick some place else I really wanted to go to. So, if your first choice either gets closed out or something happens in that country and you don't wanna go, have back ups that you're familiar with!

• get to know as much about the country you want to study in as you can; weather, customs, history, neighboring areas/countries, food and attractions near-by. EVERYTHING. Because if you're going to France and your lactose intolerant, you might want to choose someplace else because so many of there foods involve butter and cream, and you'll be dying and study abroad won't be fun :( .. customs are also good to know so you don't look like an outsider and don't offend anyone.

• before you commit to studying abroad someplace, look into flight costs well in advance for the month you'll be studying abroad, because overseas flights are expensive, and you need as much time to save money for the overall expense of the trip as possible!

That's all the advice I have for now, until next time!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment