Monday, August 9, 2010

So, this past weekend was amazing! It was so much more fun than I was expecting, although to be honest I really didn't know WHAT to expect. Friday night we all just hung out in one of the dorms, Saturday the Uni hosted a beach party for us at a club...I was expecting sand and a beach atmosphere, but there was none! Regardless it was an amazing time and it was so much fun to see how energetic everyone got when Jay-Z's Empire State of Mind came on and Kesha's California Girls. It was so weird I was just thinking "you're all European! And if you're not then you're from IBH and you're probably Canadian!! You're not from New York!" It was really entertaining and as far as I'm concerned just solidifies the fact that NY has the best music! The DJ was amazing though and everyyyyone was dancing. Yesterday, Sunday, me and a small group of people (6 others....that's small right?) went to see Toy Story 3 in 3-D! AND IT WAS ALL IN GERMAN! By far the best decision I've made thus far. Toy Story 3 was amazing! And what made it even more amazing was that I understood ALOT of the German they were speaking!!

What is even MORE amazing though, is that the other night I had a dream in German! I woke up and was like "woah did that just happen?" and the more I am in class and the more I am speaking German the more I find myself wanting to type and write words like they do in German. So this is so far an amazing trip and worth every penny and every single day.

As amazing as this is, it could possibly be the worst trip ever for me! As soon as I get home I KNOW I am going to want to come back again and again and again. Everything here is so laid back, at least where I am in Germany and the people here don't get mad if you make a mistake speaking German, if anything they try and help you and correct your mistake! Sometimes they feel bad and speak English to you....but let's not talk about that and pretend like thats NEVER happened to me....

So anyway, today was a very long day of classes, from 9-5 but that didn't feel so long either! I really enjoy being in class and absorbing every single thing that I can. My professor (or TA I'm not sure what to call her, I think she is a graduate student at the Uni and is teaching this summer course for experience) only speaks German and another Slovic language that I can't think of at the moment. So we are FORCED to ask her questions in German, and it turns into the entire class filling in the "blanks" with their German that they know and she eventually understands! But I am learning SO much and everything is so great with me!!

I don't have any photo's to post yet, I just cooked/ate dinner and am getting ready to head back out! So possibly tomorrow or when I have time to upload my photo's you can see some new ones!!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment